How to become a real estate salesperson in New Jersey:
- Complete a 75-hour pre-licensing class, in person*
- Pass the New Jersey State Licensing Exam
- Obtain electronic fingerprints
- Select a real estate brokerage company
- Activate your New Jersey Real Estate Salesperson license within one year of completing your course
*Due to the pandemic, The Real Estate Commission has issued Bulletin No. 20-09 TEMPORARILY allowing Real Estate Salesperson Pre-licensing Courses to be taught by licensed providers in a “live online” format, such as an instructor-led webinar or virtual classroom. We do not know how long we will be able to deliver the course in the online format. If you prefer to take the course in the online format, now is the time to get started! If you start the course online, you will be able to finish the course online.
At The Real Estate School, you will get:
Full-time, expert instructors: Our teachers know how to keep you engaged. We use research-backed methods to help you learn better and recall important information on the exam and while you’re on the job.
100% Education: Our top priority is education. Not filling empty seats, not recruiting for a sponsoring firm. We’re committed to helping you learn everything you need to know so you can pass your state exam AND be successful in your new career.
0% Sales Pitches: We won’t waste your time trying to get you to join a brokerage firm.
Dedicated customer service and career guidance: We’re on your side from day one. We want to see you succeed!
Attorney guest speakers: Learn from people with years of experience in the industry who excel at explaining challenging information.
Jumpstart on your professional network: When you graduate from our course, your network will already include 60+ individuals.
Roadmap to your Real Estate career path: Discover the different ways you can be involved in Real Estate and learn what fits you best.
We believe our program and instructors give you the best possible start in The Real Estate Business, hands down. But don’t take our word for it. See our instructors in action. Audit one class session, anytime, for free.
Once you successfully complete your New Jersey Real Estate Licensing Course at The Real Estate School, you will have met the educational requirement to sit for the New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Exam.
Please note that the New Jersey course does not cover Pennsylvania-specific real estate law. You will need to review that material on your own prior to testing for the Pennsylvania license.
If you currently hold an active PA Sales License click here to learn about our 15 Hour Supplemental Course which qualifies PA Agents to sit for the NJ State Exam.
How to obtain both New Jersey and Pennsylvania licenses:
- Successfully complete our NJ Sales Licensing course
- Pass the NJ State Exam
- Activate your NJ license
- Request a Letter of Good Standing from the NJ Real Estate Commission
- Provide a copy of that letter to PSI Exams in order to take the 30 question “state law” portion of the PA Real Estate Licensing Exam. (You do not have to take the 80 question “national” portion of the PA exam again because you already passed that section when you took the NJ State Exam.)
No additional course work is required!
There’s a reason we’ve been in business continuously since 1976 and are still The Most Active Real Estate School in southern New Jersey. Come see for yourself!
Camden County College — Rohrer Center
1889 East Rt. 70, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 [Get Directions](Intersection of Rt. 70 & Springdale Rd in Cherry Hill, NJ)
The Rohrer Center is easily accessible from the NJ Turnpike, Rt. 295 and Philadelphia area bridges.
Daytime or Evening Courses:
- Our Daytime program runs Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM for two consecutive weeks. We offer one daytime course each month.
- Our Evening program runs two evenings each week (either Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday) from 6:30 PM to 10 PM for approximately 10 weeks.
All of our start dates are guaranteed to run – we NEVER cancel courses.
Day & evening courses sell out well in advance. When you sign up for a class, you are signing up for a seat on a specific start date. We cannot accommodate a transfer of your tuition to another start date unless we know one week or more before your scheduled class begins.
Anyone can take the course for information. The course material is invaluable for anyone who wants to make good decisions about buying, selling, renting or investing in real estate. All are welcome!
Check out our 15 reasons why taking our Real Estate course makes sense for anyone—renters, soon-to-be-homeowners, investors, and side-hustlers.
Eligibility Requirements to obtain a license:
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Legally residing in the US
- Of good moral character (see “Screening Questions” and “Notice to Persons”)
- If you have a criminal record, the NJ Real Estate Commission may decide on your ability to be licensed AFTER you have passed the licensing exam. The determination is made on a case-by-case basis.